Another Road Trip Post...

It was a quick one, a whirlwind, for sure. I had forgotten the notes we took along the way, not sure how I forgot about them but I did. That was until today when I opened my notes to make a list of what I needed while in the city. <---- That's still hard for me to swallow, I have to go into the city, I don't live in it. Anyways....here I go with the notes, no promises they will make any sense at all but I want to remember these moments.




While shopping for a car T would climb in the backseat to check it out. He had a wish list that included cup holders, the car we bought didn't have a cup holders. Don't you worry, he made his own. And this is another regret of mine, I didn't get a photo of it.




We were in middle of nowhere, it was dark, the girl was sleeping and T was playing music on his kindle for us. I had turned the static of the radio all the way down. New car and didn't want to mess with the radio/cd player while driving in pitch dark while driving on mountain roads I'd never driven before. The girl sits up, turns the radio up and lays her head back down to sleep. After a few minutes I giggle and turn it back down. When she finally really woke up I asked her why she did that. She heard the music from the kindle and thought it was the radio so she turned it up because she really couldn't hear it. That gave us a good giggle.




We stopped just pass Brigham, Utah to get drinks and use the restroom. T announces that he wished he had a satchel. Said it would be really cool to have a satchel.




After we are back on the highway for a bit we were talking about what time we would arrive at Jen's house in Lehi. After a few moments T says "so 11ish".




First stop for gas in Utah I leave the girl to fill up and I take T in for snacks and drinks. I come out and she's already sitting in the car. We are barely back on the highway when someone pulls up next to me making a twisting motion with his hand and yelling "YOUR GAS CAP". Yep, the girl forgot to put the gas cap back on.




Not that long later I look in my rear view mirror and think I see a dog riding a motorcycle, just a dog, no human. I tell the kids to look and sure enough, it's a mascot in dog form, head and all, riding a motorcycle. Not sure that's legal or safe but there he was. His jersey said MAX (i think) and it was a hoot to see. T loved it and his giggles when he talks about it is priceless.




We hit some construction in Southern Utah. I had to drive on the side of the road for all the lanes were closed. If you didn't drive perfectly it sounded like you were either on railroad tracks or your car was about to blowup. T had been sleeping but this woke him up and of course he had to pee (he had to pee a lot on this trip) so we stopped at the next exit. As we were walking out he says "man, I woke up to squeak squeak squeak and vibrating" as he shakes his whole body to show us exactly what he means by vibrating.




If you read all these, bless you. I'm totally rolling in laughter and realize these are you had to be there tidbits.




And still, not a single photo *crying*


Comments