The Glue

One thing I always loved was dinner with my kids. All of us sitting around, eating, talking, laughing. There is nothing better. Last night was no different, well, other than the fact it was only the two youngest. We started talking about how G moved out, the girl is moving out next week, and then T said something and it made me realize there is no stopping change. He said the other night he realized that Christmas morning will never be what it was now that they no longer live under the same roof. That made me sad but that is the cycle of life. Everyone grows and goes their seperate ways. I remember how close my cousins and I were growing up, we spent every holiday together. We were always hanging out and doing things together. I talk to one out of the six now. I have zero clue what is happening in their lives, it's so weird to think about. Moving away from Vegas and then moving away from San Diego didn't help but I don't even remember the last time I talked to any of them other than Dave.
To make it sadder I didn't even talk to them when my aunt killed herself, the Aunt I lived with for two years. WHY? I mean, phones existed back then, why didn't I have their numbers, we are family. We were a pretty close knit family too. WAIT! I think the last time I talked to most of them was at my Grandma's funeral and then even fewer of them at my Grandpa's funeral. And now I'm just sad.
Those grandparents tend to be the glue of the family, don't they?

Untitled


I wish I would have spent more time with them, because if there is one thing you can't stop that is change. I wish I could stop it for my kids though, I wish they could all live next door to each other. Their relationships with each other changed over the years but they are still close and I hope they remain close. Maybe I need to start an only fans so I can buy those houses in a culdesac, I kid!! But really I'd love that for them so much. Christmas morning may have changed from here on out but I'm going to do my best to keep that Christmas Eve the same. Dinner around the table, Christmas movies and I'll forever make each kid a Christmas Eve box to open. I'll be the glue that holds this family together if it kills me!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Comments