Sometimes looking back is a bad idea.

Today as I look out my windows all I see is this haze of smoke from wildfires burning. It's gross, hurts to take a deep breath. My friend is in Scottsdale, AZ and she sent a picture of her kids in the pool. It made me sad, it made me miss the heat that stings your skin, the smell of the desert. So I went back to look at photos of my kids in our pool, when we had one.
t  swim_ copy
Do you see that light, that sun? I miss that. Montana has a lot of beauty but nothing like this.
He's Golden...
The sun just doesn't glow the same way here. I look for it but I haven't found it. It makes me want to run back to the heat, the sun, the city......
Untitled
Where the sunsets take your breath away, they glow like magic.
sunset west side
The monsoons would come and the smell of rain would rush over the neighborhood. The kids would run out to play in the warm rain, gosh I miss warm rain.
sunset


Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...
So today, I start looking harder, for more, for what is going to make me miss it here if we ever leave.

Comments