Careful what you wish for...

This is so true! I wished, not sure wished is the right word though. For years I would fantasy about raising my kids in a small town. A town where they could walk or bike to Main Street, get ice cream and hang out with friends. I fantasized about them running out the door with friends hollering that they were going to the park with so and so.... Think Sand Lot, the movie, this was my fantasy.
So I guess I wished for it in one way or another. Well, it came true, I live in that small town. My kids walk to Main Street with friends, they run out the door with friends to head to the park. Last night I was getting home around 7PM and my boys were headed out the front gate, friends following. As they ran passed me I asked what was going on and they yelled, we are riding scooters to the park. Look at that, my fantasy. One problem, in my fantasy, I lived in a small town where it never snowed and never had a weather advisory report about black ice and severe freezing. But I live in a small town surrounded by awesome people. I always wanted that friend that just walked in my house and where I just walked in hers, I have that now, times two.
So wishes come true but you might want to be more specific when you're wishing....I want to take this town and the people in it and move it to somewhere warmer, with a beach and boardwalk. Where the salt air kisses your cheeks and the warm sand slightly burns your feet. Since I can't I will take the bad with the great. I will drink in every warm day, soaking up the sun. I will cherish the late night bonfires and morning coffee on the front porch. When it gets cold again I will not let it stop me from coffee with friends on their couch, I will not stop working out in the heated garage. When the snow falls I will look back on summer with a smile and remind myself nothing last forever. I will cherish each day for what it is... Imperfectly Perfect!
Stevi

Comments