The street known as Rockwood...

It was the street where all the neighbors hung out. Kids played wiffle ball, hockey and football in middle of the street. It was something I had dreamed of, knowing my neighbors, liking my neighbors. We borrowed eggs from each other. We called each other at 9PM because one of our children needed to be rushed to the emergency room.
Tricycle races commenced

Adults on tricycles was the normal, Kids cheering them on, never fighting.
race
We were always laughing. It wasn't just laughter, it was bend over, belly hurting, snorting laughter.
blog it
It's where we forgot about our problems and lived in the moment.
Truth be told, I'd give anything to go back to that street, to live by those friends again.
Life moves on, children grow, people move.....
oh yeah_
I'll always have these photos to go back and look at and remember what an awesome street Rockwood was...
ava group
And I'm realizing that has to be enough...
...just another afternoon...
There will never be another Rockwood...
summer

Comments

benbidder said…
Aww, that's how I feel about my last street in AZ. I don't really have neighbors here that I can even see and we live on a 55mph road... I do miss that old neighborhood, it was my favoritest....