Sleep evades me...

It started on the cruise ship, I would wake throughout the night. I could feel the ship swaying and hear the waves crashing up against the ship. I would look out the window and see only the ocean lit by the moon. It was peaceful but I was tired. I lay back down, trying to sleep. My mind started to wander and I couldn't turn it off. I let my anxiety get the best of me. I haven't slept through a night since.
We came home to healthy children but the world had a curve ball in store for us. High fevers, puking, chills, ear pain and lots of long nights. I think my body now thinks I have to be up several times a night, not letting me fall back to sleep easily.

164/365 SHHH!!

I can't sleep through the night, I need to reset my inner clock. I don't know how to do this. Now that it seems everyone is on the mend I need to start sleeping through the night. I paid my dues when I let four kids co-sleep for many years. Now is when I should be catching up on all that sleep I missed out on but my body won't let me. After waking at two in the morning my sleep is rare and when I do sleep I have vivid dreams. I would keep a journal and jot them down when I wake but really, I need to get back to sleep. Maybe I should keep a shot of vodka next to my bed, or three...I joke...maybe.
If this continues I'm going to turn into a delirious housewife that naps all day........

Comments

Allison Waken said…
Ugh! Have you tried melatonin? I haven't but have heard good things about it. I get the same way sometimes. Probably not what you want to hear but I've had luck "resetting" by laying off the caffeine for a couple of weeks.
MLE said…
Hi Allison!! So nice to see you. I miss home. I have also heard great things about it. I don't drink a lot of caffeine, just one cup of coffee a day. But I'm willing to try anything.