September 11th...

2849823032_261e87bb8d_b
This is a day I hope my kids teachers talk to them about. It's a day we all need to remember and talk about. I'll never forget that morning.
I was pregnant with Wy, had no idea though, I blame the stress for his intense personality. Mr. Fun and I had left the house that morning in a mad rush. We rarely, like never, left the house at the same time nor did we ever go in the same direction. This morning we did for he had meetings at a different store. We were stopped at the first red light, he pulled up next to me and we stared at each other for a second before rolling down the windows. We really couldn't believe it. We then talked on our cells because I did not want to take JJ to school. I was really close to driving right past her school and straight to the church/work. I decided to stop at the school and see what they said. I passed her teacher in the hall and she said "nobody wants to be here but it's best for the children". I suppose my face had my feelings written all over it. I left her there and G and I went to church only to be sent home. I didn't go home though, I went to my in laws where my mother in law and I sat in silence watching the coverage.
I remember that day so vividly. I remember the silence over our house the following weeks. We lived close to Miramar in San Diego. The sound of jets and the sight of them was an everyday thing for us. The silence was a constant reminder. Once they started flying again I would stop and watch them, like a toddler noticing a bird for the first time. It's amazing how that day really brought America together, let's not forget. Let's be kind to one another.
200/365   Happy Fouth of July 323/365 Go VOTE! You get a sticker and a balloon, if you're cute ;-)
Google Earth tour of the Memorial

Comments