My secret!

I don't mind doing the laundry, it's the putting it away that gets me. Since moving here, I don't have to. The laundry room is upstairs, which is only brilliant if ALL the bedrooms are upstairs. We have two bedrooms downstairs. There is also this wasted space upstairs, makes no sense. Great for indoor storage but still makes little sense to me. I found it's purpose, family closet. Okay boy closet because I do put away the clothes belonging to the adults. JJ does her own laundry.
secret

As you can see, it's a great place to store clothes.I don't even have to match socks if I don't want to. They can dig matches out of the basket, they're old enough. In our old house they would put their own clothes away, now it seems pointless to call them upstairs to put their clothes away when I am three feet from their dresser.
Now granted it won't always be this way, just on weeks I am not into it and really don't care. So most weeks, I kid, I think. The beauty of it is we never have people over and if we did, there would be no reason for them to go upstairs. So I've scored me a little secret way of putting off putting laundry away.

Comments

This is exactly how our spare bedroom looks. I hate doing laundry. Its the folding AND putting away that I don't like. Sigh. I do it some, well, most times....but that's because my husband is sitting there helping (sometimes), ha ha.
Angela King said…
i HATE putting laundry away too. i don't mind washing and folding it. it's cramming it into their too full drawers full of unfolded clothes that i just can't bring myself to do. i don't put my own clothes away either though. lol.