I don't like that age...

Tonight my twelve year old got a little bit of a disrespectful tone in his voice. Don't worry I popped him in the mouth talked him down. We both took a step back and I probably could have handled his frustration with his littlest brother better. He could have come to me with concern instead of attitude. He's starting to become a teen boy, oi, help me now. I am just five months away from having two teenagers. After tonight I decided I don't like the age twelve. For above reason, he's testing his authority over his brothers and testing my patience.
Another age I don't like is fourteen. The girl really challenged us. It was a dark time in the fun house. Lots of tears and lots of talking. We banned her from seeing her best friend for many reasons, you can read about it HERE! JJ is stubborn, like her father. She remained friends with this girl, at school only! I trusted her so I started letting her friend creep back into our lives. I am lucky I did because a little over a year later JJ saw her true colors for herself. If I hadn't trusted JJ to do the right thing she would still hate me and she wouldn't have learned I was right and only did what I did out of love. So what I learned was tough love works but you have to trust your kids. You have to believe that they will do the right thing. You can always kick their ass later if they don't.
I also never cared for the age three. When they are two, it's still kind of cute when they are naughty because they are learning their boundaries. At age three they know what they are doing and it's not so cute anymore. Also the age three is when my sweet quiet Wy turned into the most difficult child I gave birth to. Now at age ten, he's a little less difficult, so I kind of like age ten. Not three or twelve or fourteen. Those are ages don't come with found memories. I miss these ages sometimes...life was a lot less complicated back then.
Huckleberries

Comments