Your Authentic Self

I listen to a couple podcast, I'd like to listen to more so if you have any recommendation let me know. So as I was saying, I listen to a couple podcast and I listened to one where Alona Pulde M.D. and Matthew Lederman M.D were guest. They wrote the popular book Knives over Forks. But they were on to talk about their book Wellness to Wonderful. And I swear I heard the word authenticity one hundred times. They were talking how to be your authentic self and it got me thinking. Am I my authentic self? I married young, had my babies young, so have I ever been my authentic self? I want to believe I have but sometimes I feel like I never had the chance to persue my passions.
If you read here you know photography has always been one of passions, writing is another. I have had dreams of writing a book with photos for years, I'm talking decades. I never got around to it and I wish I would have. So to be my authentic self from here on out I think I have to persue this dream, I think about it almost daily. I have gone as far as reading other blogs on how to write a book, but that's as far as it's gotten. I also have changed my mind on what I want the book to be about, depending on where I was in life. The girl,if you're new here that's what I call my daughter, and I have an idea for a children's book. It's an idea that we don't think is popular but we never sat down to even draft it out. I think that idea will be what I focus on right now. And as I'm writing this I realize we don't need an illustrator because we could use real photographs.
Like this one...
move

I've also wanted to write a parenting boook, but who wants to read a parenting book written by a non expert? I've kept notes over the years of things to write about but I lost them when my hard drive crashed. So I would be starting from scratch and my memory isn't what it once was. But this photo would make the cut for sure.
When facing the real world is just too much
You have to do what makes you happy to be authentic, this is what I'm realizing. You have to put yourself first sometimes. Not 100% of the time but sometimes. For me that includes evening walks, dancing in the kitchen, writing, photographing every day life and eating healthy. It's so easy for me to not do these things, I didn't do them for many years. So here I am learning how to be my authentic self at the age of 48.It's never too late or too early to find that balance you've been craving.

Are you your authentic self? Are you living your best authentic life? If so I'd love you to share things you do to maintain this. And if you are not I'd to love to hear what you could do to be more authentic. Also, like I said in the beginning, I'd love to hear what podcasts you are listening to.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love working out and cooking . Also going to bed early!