Capturing my own children...


I think my photos make it appear easier than it is for me. When they were younger, bribes worked great. As they get older a lollipop isn't as exciting. Trips to the park aren't on the top of their list of awesome things to do. Now it comes down to me saying do what I say, sit your ass down and let me take your gosh darn picture. It then ends in me yelling something like all I wanted was one photo, just one little photo of my kids and you couldn't even give me 10 minutes. I wish I was kidding but I can recall this really happening.
Yesterday was kind of that kind of day I described above yet there was no yelling. I wasn't PMS'ing so it ended peacefully but without a photo for the tutorial I wanted to post today. Instead I give you this
boys2

 and this.
boys3

I was frustrated but you know what? I ended up loving these photos! Really loving them! It's my boys being themselves, enjoying each other and having fun. What's not to love?That is where this journey has taken me and what it has taught me. Imperfectly perfect photos are now my most favorite and most printed photos.
boys


I know years from now I am going to look at these photos and remember this day. I am going to recall their laughter. I am going to remember their excitement when half way through homework time I declared it break time. Then their disappointment when I told them I had to take some photos for a blog post.
boys6


Sometimes kids are going to be kids and no matter how hard you try  they don't want to do what you want them to do for a photo. I've learned to step away and try later or even the next day.
boys5

(side note, not sure what happened in pp to T's shirt, didn't notice it in LR, PS or on Flickr...weird yet I'm okay with it)


Comments

Imene said…
love love those pictures. they are so true and in the future you will certainly look at them with fondness
kate94651 said…
Perfect is boring.
mel said…
omgosh.. look at G smiling for you.. when did he stop running from your camera..lol
Angela King said…
gosh they're cute. even when they aren't listening. :)
Marisa said…
I agree with Angela. They are cute, that's what matters.
Maggie said…
I wish you could capture a day in our lives. I think that would be awesome. From breakfast to bedtime. You should offer something like that.
Anonymous said…
these pics make me miss THE BOYS ever so much, and JJ too, of course!
Anonymous said…
these pics make me miss THE BOYS ever so much, and JJ too, of course. Grandma Roxie is missing her GRANDKIDS like crazy.