Mother's Day

146/365 Happy Mother's Day~ Week 14, My kids and me!

Honestly it's not a big deal for me. I do enjoy the coffee in bed, the extra foot rubs, and not cooking dinner, don't get me wrong. But I'm not a sentimental person, never have been. All those homemade cards over the years were sweet but I never kept them. What I do cherish are the memories and the photos they've allowed me to create and take. The little moments that are filled with love and laughter. Over the years some Mother's Days were better than others and that's okay, it's life. I cherish the every day more than the one day. I cherish the goodnights and the I love you(s), I hold the sleepy good mornings close to my heart.
Being a mom isn't about one day a year, it's about all the moments that happen every day of the year. The every day laughter is something I wish I could bottle up and open it when the house is quiet for too long. Every thank you mom keeps me going, every thank you reassures me that these kids do appreciate all I do.

Happy Now, T? (week 17/52 my kids and me)

I love these kids, they grew too quickly and as they get older time seems to pass quicker. I've been a mom for almost 21 years, TWENTY ONE years, and I can't wait to see what the next 21 years has in store for us.

3-365

So moms, enjoy the every day, cherish the little moments, appreciate the big moments, and love those kids for exactly who they are.

Comments