Dub was in a musical

Where's Charley

Dub play2

You guys!! You don't understand how exciting this was for me. Dub, the kid that never did anything and just wanted to play video games in the garage for years, was in a musical. He stayed after school for rehearsals, he went to Starbucks with friends for a mid rehearsal pick me up. I knew he hated where he lived but I thought that was just part of his teenage angst. Turns out he really didn't like where he lived, probably more so than me.

Dub play

His anxiety has lessened, he's making friends, he even told me one day all excited "mom, I have friends now". I always wondered why he never asked to do anything or to have friends over, well now I know. He didn't really have any, but now he goes to lunch and to the movies with friends. He even enjoys going to the mall again. I am so happy to see him happy again.

Dub play3

If this move only benefitted him it'd make it all worth it...but truth is, all of us are so much happier.


P.S. the lighting was so harsh and I didn't get one great photo but GUYS!! Dub was in a musical and he wants to be in more.

Comments