Days are long, the years are fleeting.

slide dub_

It seems like yesterday these kids were in diapers, using sip cups, strapped in five point carseats, riding on Mr. Fun's shoulders. It seems like yesterday that I couldn't wait for Mr. Fun to walk through the door so I could hand the baby over that had been on my hip all day. I couldn't wait to pry the toddler off my leg and redirect him to Mr. Fun. I remember when dinner was a struggle and they wouldn't eat, only whine.

family4blog

Now dinner is a struggle because they eat so much, even the veggies. I am no longer holding that baby on the hip with a toddler at my feet. My house is still never clean, just a different sort of mess. Half empty glasses left on the coffee table have replaced the empty sippy cups found under the couch days later. Teething toys, big bulky noisy toys are now little lego pieces, hot wheels, and video controllers strewn about.

family6

The tantrums and crying no longer exist, now it's name calling and fighting over the xbox. There are homework struggles and hangry is a real thing, especially with teen boys.

family5blog

Now the big sister is looking up to two of her little brothers, soon to be three. We now have three kids living at home, one out on her own...

family3blog

The days seem long, the years are short.

Comments

These pictures are amazing! Ironically I found your blog by searching "the days are fleeting" looking for a bible verse. A close cousin lost her husband and I was looking for a verse. More ironically you wrote this post on her birthday. Anyway...just meant to be that I would run across and see these beautiful pictures! Great post and all so true.