Christmas 2015

I'm sitting here surrounded by wrapping paper, watching T play xbox, and sipping on coffee. Talking with the girl about items her and the boy will need if they decide to move out into their apartment, the list is long. I can hear the older boys laughing from G's room as they play Dub's new video game and FaceTime with Uncle Z. I am feeling blessed, these are the rewards of motherhood, happy, content, thankful, healthy children.

christmas3 copy

It's no secret this year has sucked, it's worse than 2013. So we know it's been a sucky sucky year. I will admit my attitude hasn't been the best, I'm working on it. I was worried that this Christmas wasn't going to be a great one, I worried for nothing. This holiday season has been just as great as any other year. The girl is home, the boys got little but are appreciative of what they did get, like always. Some traditions were skipped this year and we started a couple new ones. T is the only one that still believes in santa and it's getting harder to not blow it for him. I pretty sure he knows that we are santa but if he wants to pretend he doesn't know I'm going along for the ride, as long as he will allow it.

So here is to 2016 being as great as 2012, I'm going to stay positive, embrace the little things, and improve my attitude. Life is a blessing, even when it sucks, even when you hate more than you love. There is always something to be thankful for, I need to remember this. I may not love where I live, I may miss the city, and the sunshine, and concrete that burns my feet, I may miss my family and friends, but I am alive and I have many great friends here. I need to focus on the positive.......

christmas4-5 christmas4-4
christmas4-3
christmas4-1
christmas4-2

Healthy family, awesome friends, and my children rock...

Comments