Spontaneous road trips...

It's been a long time since we had one. My favorite one will always be the one where we decided to go to the Grand Canyon and ended up in Las Vegas.
This trip was brought on by friends, they showed up at our house and told us to pack our bags. It was crazy and fun and everything I needed. No cell service, no internet access. Just the six of us, music, campfire and a hot springs.
Cabin
(yes, T traveled in his pajamas...pick your battles)

I needed to get away from real life and remember how great life really is. I needed to be reminded that even though life isn't going the way I thought or even want, it's still a good life. Kids are healthy, it's not freezing outside (yet), we still have a roof over our heads and food in the fridge. Life is still good....just different.
cabin2

These spontaneous trips always remind me what is important. They calm me, they refresh me,especially this one. There is nothing like soaking up the beauty of middle of nowhere.
bfe

I can't imagine living this far out with so little people around me. I think it takes a special kind of person to want to live so far out and I am not that person.
bfe2

Our next road trip will be to some concrete jungle...

Comments