T is Ten....

2005 trenton 042

The last of the fun clan to reach double digits, it's so exciting.

The night before his birthday he hugged and kissed us goodnight, we said our love yous and sleep sweets, he then blurts out "SEE YOU WHEN I'M TEN!!!!". Of course we saw him two more times, once for a drink and then to use the restroom. When I woke him up I sang and danced for him, he was not amused. He said he was tired and that he didn't want to go to school on his birthday. Nice try, kid. He took M&M cookies to share with his class and requested white cake with green icing. As I type this I have a white cake baking and green icing chilling, he's going to love it.
And I can't believe he's reached the double digits.


T is in 4th grade and has a wonderful teacher, I really love her. He still loves stuffed animals which drives me crazy. He's into Legos, Star Wars and is really starting to love reading. He's making his way through the Diary Wimpy Kid series right now. He is still temperamental at times but for the most part he's still as easy going as ever. He is always making us laugh, when he's home, that is. He has become the third son of our close friends and neighbors. It seems he's over there more than he's home. I can't complain and from what I hear they really love having him over.

T also has AIWS (alice in wonderland syndrome) and when the episodes happen it can make for a long day or night. Let's hope with him being a year older, the episodes will be further apart. Stress or change brings it on and I am getting good at knowing when one is going to happen. He's also getting better at handling them, there is less screaming and fewer tears.
aiws
The other night he was playing with binoculars and he looked through them backwards, LIGHTBULB moment for him. He told us that is what it's like to have AIWS, look through the binoculars backwards, he says that is what he sees, exactly. He then stomped his foot and said "and it's so frustrating!".



I am hoping that ten brings him many new adventures and tons of happy memories.
10

He's super excited to be double digits.

Comments

betty said…
Happy Birthday T! Ten is such a fun age! I know you'll enjoy those double digits!!

betty
Jody said…
Happy Birthday T!!