Our Christmas....

It was simple, on budget and completely wonderful.
Christmas Morning

The girl flew in, we ate out, did a little shopping, and watched Elf. Christmas Eve we wrapped presents, baked cookies, and watched Elf. Christmas Morning T woke Mr. Fun up at 6am by tapping his head. We told him he had to go back to bed, he lost his cool for a bit, it was a rough start to our morning. I tried to remain calm knowing that soon I'll have kids that I have to wake Christmas morning. I told him to face the wall and when he had a better attitude he could turn around and we would talk. While he was doing that I was starting coffee and texting the two older kids to see if they were awake, they weren't. So at 6:40 I woke them and our Christmas morning began.
I always worry that my kids are going to be disappointed and wish for more, they never do. Dub put his arm around me around at 8pm and said " I had a really good Christmas, thank you." How could I not feel so much pride that my heart swelled to full capacity? Well, later G said this was one of the best Christmases.

christmas jump
I am so glad I was able to scale way back, make this day less about the gifts and more about family and friends without my kids expecting more.

Comments

*Jess* said…
that sounds like a wonderful Christmas!