When The Universe Does Something Amazing....

And heartbreaking all at the same time. I want to make this short because I have written it, deleted it, written it, deleted it....a million times. It never flows well and I am sure this won't either. This is write about it now or never.
a
Mr. Fun received a call from PI investing this accident from 2011. Mr. Fun gave them the information they needed, with a little help from me and google maps. As they were wrapping up their conversation Mr. Fun asked how the PI found him, seeing we've moved twice since then, changed phone numbers and etc. The PI told him that he could find anyone, Mr. Fun responded with I bet you couldn't find my dad, haven't seen him years and nobody has heard from him since 1999.
PI~ Want me to find your dad?
Mr.Fun~ Nah, well...
PI~ Come on, let me find your dad.
Mr. Fun~ Well, how much would it cost?
PI~ Just give me all the information you have, it'll take two minutes.
Mr. Fun gives all the information we had gathered over our years of searching.
Two minutes passes...
PI~ Found him and his last known address through 2014.

Fast Forward to that evening. Mr. Fun gets home from work and starts searching with the new information he had. Within 20 minutes we had found out that someone with the same name was murdered within 2 miles of his dad's last known address. Several phone calls later we had the number of the detective that worked the case.
The next day he made several phones calls and with every phone call it pointed in the direction that the man murdered was Mr. Fun's dad. Mr. Fun started calling around and found the coroners office, that phone call led us on a path neither one of us were ready for. Mr. Fun's dad was still at the coroners, a photo from his dad's drivers license the coroner sent confirmed it. There was no doubt anymore, this was happening.
We found out that there was an altercation and his dad was stabbed by his roommate on July 5th of this year, he died at the hospital on July 25th.
We have the information we need to proceed with putting him to rest but we do not have the funds(we will get there, we will find a way, it might take us a couple months but we will). Luckily we will get reimbursed for some of the cost but we need the money out of pocket upfront. Right now we are still in limbo, there hasn't been much closure yet. Mr. Fun has decided on cremation.....that is where this story ends. And another story begins to be told later.


All of this has changed our perspective on life...mine especially. It's made me realize that I need to enjoy it more, spend time with loved ones as much as I can.
shooting-1

Hug your kids and tell them you love them, daily. Tell your parents, friends, spouse that you appreciate them. Learn to let the little things go. Life is so complicated yet so beautiful, I need to remind myself of this more often.

Comments

Jody said…
That is so sad. I am sorry to hear this. Prayers up for you and Mr. Fun as you work through this.