Finding the positive.

It's not news that I struggle living here. The people are amazing and that is what has kept me from submitting my husband's resume to every company in Phoenix and even Poway.....this is true, I have had that thought. He would be so mad so I didn't but I still have those thoughts, especially on the cold days.
So simple things like the homecoming parade I try to soak up and remind myself that my family is happy here. My family loves living here. Dub is already talking about snow, he can't wait for the snow. I on the other hand want the warm days to linger as long as possible.

homecoming 5-1
I have to admit that it's cool to witness a town come together for tradition. The Homecoming parade stops traffic, all the teachers walk their students down to main street to cheer. The firefighters fire up the engines and the sports teams climb on up. Parents get off work, grandparents take photos and little siblings light up when they see their brother or sister up on those firetrucks. The cool cars come out for the homecoming court to ride down main street as the band plays their hearts out. The cheerleaders cheer in middle of main street.
homecoming -1-2
The students get together and build floats on trailers the parents let them use. Many hours of good ole fashion fun and hard work go into these floats.
homecoming 8-7

This is me focusing on the positive. I mean is there anything better than a parade and free candy?

homecoming

Comments