It's cold outside..

I'm not complaining, I am stating a fact. We woke to snow on the top of mountains yesterday. Today, we had frost. This day last year it was 90 degrees.
first frost

I am so not ready for the cold to set in. I am excited about pumpkin muffins and pumpkin coffee and pumpkin pie. I am not looking for to fall colds and winter flu. I am excited to see jack-laterns and Christmas lights.
We have to take the bad with the good. I find myself focusing on the positive more so now then when we first moved here. I always said I would never live where it snowed, now I do. Such is life, it's a journey and no matter how sure you are that you are in control of your journey, you are only sort of in control of it. You can help guide yourself along the path you want to go but there is always that fork in the road that changes your way. Your straight path is now full of choices, choices that force you to make a decision that is going to change the path you had planned. The path that you were sure was the one you were going to walk until the end of time. Every once in awhile we are forced to make detours in our journey. Some detours are better than others but ultimately it's your choice to be happy, content and work hard for more or be miserable.

I've decided that it's my turn to love life again. My turn to do what makes me happy, excel at what brings me much joy. I'll take the negative and smother it with the positive.

Comments