Grilled Artichoke!!

I posted a quick snap to Instagram. I didn't think anyone would really care but I got asked about our dipping sauce and how long to grill them. So I thought I would put it all here, easier for me. Had I known I'd be making this post I would have taken prettier pictures with my real camera.
artichoke_
My first confession is I have nothing to do with the making of the artichoke or sauce. I just get to eat it and fight for more of the heart because, we all know, that is the best part.
So this is what Mr. Fun does for getting the perfect Artichoke.
...Clip tips, cut artichoke in have.
...He adds garlic salt, pepper and little olive oil to the water. Drizzles olive oil on the artichokes and steams for 30 minutes.
...After steaming he places them on the grill cut side down after brushing with olive oil. Grills them for about 15-20 minutes. I asked him how long he grills them and his answer was "until they are done". But it's usually closer to 20 minutes.
See Mr. Fun doesn't time anything he grills, he just knows when it's done.
The dipping sauce is ridiculously easy, completely bad for you but oh so yummy.

1/3 cup mayo, juice of half a lime(whole lime if you like a lot lime) and garlic salt to taste. I like mine a little heavy with the garlic.
For his he does the above but adds a little Tabasco sauce to make it spicy.

It's a super easy appetizers. Next time we have lamb, I'll have to get some photos and post the recipe for the sauce he uses for that. Way more complicated but super delicious.

Comments

ModernJune said…
I have never tried an artichoke like that. It looks really yummy!