We are still here...

So much has changed since I wrote last. I don't even know where to start.
We bought the girl a new car at 7PM on Thursday and we left for Phoenix at around 2 AM Friday. My plan was to leave Wednesday and take our time, stopping in random spots to take photos, preserve memories of the trip. That didn't happen, I didn't take a single photo with my camera, not a single one. We made it to Salt Lake City around 11:30 on Friday. Instead of spending the night and exploring the city a little we just ate a homemade lunch of chicken and potatoes with one of my best friends and got caught up with each other.
Left her house at 2:30 and arrived in Las Vegas around 8pm, grabbed some Panda Express, visited with my friend and went to bed at 10pm. We all slept so good that night. I had to turn music on for T but once he was out he slept like a log. The next morning we had coffee, a wonderful breakfast and a couple mimosas. A couple more friends from my jr. high days came by and it was really hard to pull myself away from them. Finally around 12:30 we were on our way to Phoenix.
We arrived in Phoenix with plenty of time before we had to meet friends at 6. The girl got to surprise her boy, he thought we were further out than we were. We had the chance to go to our favorite In-n-Out for dinner. At 6 we headed over to Dave and Busters to meet friends. We had the time of our lives. Man, I miss that city and those people.
Sunday morning T and I had a flight to catch so after just 3 hours of sleep I was driving us to the airport. It was a good goodbye see you later! I was super excited for her, I knew she was where she should be. Twelve days later she's really making a life for herself there. She is going to school, has a job and I couldn't be prouder.
We are doing a pic a day together. You can follow us at The Girl and her Mom.

It is still hard to believe that my baby girl is a grown up, living away from home, supporting herself.... I am happy that she is where her heart belongs. I know in my heart this is what is meant to be. I don't like that she is so far away but I know it's where she needs to be. She faced a lot of challenges getting there but in the end she made it work. So here's to independence and letting your babies be adults.
driving 4-1

We have rearranged rooms and with school starting for the boys next week I'm hoping we fall into a new normal around here. It's not the same without the girl, that's for sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update. My heart aches for you as your first heads out to a brand new world but wow, she is so grounded it seems, and for that, you need to feel a sense of pride. Love the girl and her mom blog. So very special. Enjoy your time with the boys.....I have 3 and sometimes I just have to stop and watch because I want/need to capture those moments forever. Hang in there and thanks for keeping us updated.
I am not trying to be rude and post as anonymous but for some reason, I get errors with everything else from my iPad......