Creamery Picnic

It's only our second year attending but I can tell you that it's a perk of living here.

This year Mr. Fun wasn't on a team and he was okay with that. He was going to sit, watch and help. Well, we walk up and everyone is yelling, telling him to grab his gear, his team is first up. He had two minutes to grab his gear from the firehall. Even though it wasn't how he expected the day to go I like to think he was glad he got thrown into all the action. G was on a team this year too. Gotta love this boy, he's turning into a fine young man if I do say so myself.
G -1

I love that the fire department has a cadet program. I love even more that my son is a part of it. I hope his younger brothers follow in his footsteps.
Keg Shoot-1

It's amazing how different this year was from last. We knew everyone, there was no fighting, I didn't dance on tables, Mr. Fun did dance on the dance floor. Last year the girl and I missed the parade, I know T and Dub rode on a firetruck but not sure what G did. Mr. Fun had to leave to take a drug test for his new job that will keep us here for a long time. Last year I was full of angst and still wondering why we were here. This year, I have less angst and I am starting to understand why we are here.
Creamery-8
Parade
Last year I didn't feel at home here, this year I felt like we are part of this community. I'm guessing next year will be even better, I must thank this small town for welcoming us with such open arms and with so much love.

Parade2-1

Comments

benbidder said…
It looks good on y'all. ;)