When that pager goes off.

The pager goes off and all you see are flashes of Mr. Fun. He runs to get shoes on, runs out the door with a "love you guys" and you don't hear from him again until after the fire is out. Sometimes the call gets cancelled, sometimes it's a little brush fire and he's home quickly. Then there are the big fires where he's gone for hours, a whole afternoon or through the night. I admit when the big fires happen I am glued to my scanner, listening to what is going on. Sometimes I understand and sometimes I don't. I love to listen to them work together. Today I decided to watch them work together. The girl and I had to return a movie and we saw the smoke, we decided to drive past the fire. We then decided to stop and take photos.
Stevi fire 6
I'm so glad we did. I always felt like it would be weird to follow Mr. Fun out the door and take photos, after today I plan to do it more often. I really enjoyed it and I do believe these hard working firefighters deserve some awesome photos of them in action.
Stevi fire 5
They have a bond, a brotherhood that is unique. Also, don't forget the women that are there... how freaking cute is she?
fire 11

I may worry when he runs out that door for a fire but I am also very proud. Proud that he sacrifices himself and family time to help others when needed.
fire 12


If you haven't thanked a firefighter lately, you should. They risk their lives and give up their personal time to help others, without expecting anything in return.
Untitled

Comments

*Jess* said…
wow, what an amazing sacrifice he does for his community! My uncle and cousins are fire fighters and I am so proud of them :)
Julie said…
Great photos. We lost our house to a fire in 2006. We were out of town attending my dad's funeral when our house burned down and they never figured out how it happened. I sure do appreciate the firefighters who came and tried to save our house (and all the other fire fighters out there!) It is a tough and dangerous job they do.
Debby said…
I always enjoy your photos - I do appreciate firefighters. We depend on them in my area and when they come into town, to take a break, people stand up and applaud them in restaurants etc. It's touching.