Inspiration....

It can be found everywhere. Sometimes you go looking for it, other times it finds you.
Tree2-1
The girl has to write a research paper on a photographer. She googled modern day photographers and found Jay Maisel. She fell in love with his work and wanted to know everything she could about him. She came home one day and shared his work with me. I was instantly inspired and intrigued.
Spring
I wanted to take photos, all the photos. I wanted to take my camera, not knowing what I was going to shoot, no plan, just walk and shoot. So this is what we did that afternoon.
House2-1
I want to meet him, I have so many questions for him. He shoots what he sees, the light doesn't have to be perfect, his portfolio is beyond amazing. His photos are real, not manipulated into digital art, no fake skies, no cloning. He inspired me to shoot a scene that a month ago I would have just snapped a quick picture of with my camera phone.
clouds2-1
I've always been a lover of light and shadows. When I first starting shooting I would shoot for me, nobody else. I then turned my passion into a business and quickly lost that, I regret letting myself lose something I love so much. I had clients to please and the light had to be perfect, for them. After spending hours looking through Mr. Maisel's (I really wish I could call him Jay, like he's my neighbor) work I realized it doesn't have to be that way.
Tree-1
I'm realizing that if I shoot from my heart that is enough. If I want to shoot the side of a church I can. The front of the church is overrated anyways.
Church -1
With warmer weather trying so hard to creep back into my life I am excited to start shooting again.

I also have a whole new dream... It's to attend one of his WORKSHOPS! If only....

Comments