I may strike out.....

I've been struggling a lot lately. With how the hell are we going to pull this off month to month. I feel I need to get a job, I really do. I look at the schedule of my four kids and I think "how the hell am I going to get a job?". It'd have to be part time and I could only work Monday-Friday 9-3, who is going to hire me with such a limited availability? Especially in this small town where jobs are hard to come by in the first place. With these thoughts of panic comes waves of peace, I have something wash over me that says, we can do this. It will be okay, we will survive. It may not be on organic locally grown produce like it was was but we'll be okay.
Our schedule for the next two months is crazy...Baseball, dance, cadets and hunting training is on the schedule, looking at it makes my head spin. We've done it before and we will do it again, it's just after such a lazy winter it looks a little scary. To be that busy again means I have to be on top of everything. The laundry, the uniforms, the grocery shopping, the dinners, the snacks for late games and long afternoons.
On this Monday morning I look around at the house that is a mess and think no way am I going to pull off such a busy schedule and keep this house clean. But then I remember, it doesn't have to be clean all the time. It's our house and if the Skylander cards remain on the kitchen floor and the sink is never quite empty of dirty dishes, oh well. There will be a day where there is no more baseball practice or dance or cadet training, my house can stay clean then.
For now, I am going to take it week by week, be a meal planning, bargain shopping, organized mama....I laugh at the organized part, I can't even find April's schedule this morning. I've also contacted some friends that are willing to watch a few games and get boys back home when we have three things happening at once. So thankful for them. That took a lot of the stress off my shoulders, seeing them light up when I asked if they would mind made my heart happy. To know your friends really like your kids and actually want to watch them play is a good feeling. With Mr. Fun not being a coach this season means most of the transporting kids here and there and back again falls on me. When he coached that was one less kid I had to worry about, knowing Mr. Fun had to be there meant I didn't.
This is your warning that this blog will be full of baseball photos and updates. If you are bored with such real life, well, you shouldn't be.
g ball
I miss capturing them in action.
all-star
This is what I live for, It brings me such joy to see these boys out there, having fun and giving it their all.
All out....
Never let your fear of striking out keep you from playing the game ~Babe Ruth

Comments