Easter Weekend..

It was spent with great friends, there was lots of baseball! There was egg coloring, dinosaur eggs and hiking. Can't forget good food and moonshine.

My Easter break started early, Thursday evening to be exact. I had the pleasure of having a girls night, complete with a sleepover. It was so nice to let go of all the stress and have fun with some really awesome friends. Without them pushing me to go I wouldn't have. I had to miss Dub's first game and I felt lots of guilt but after it was all over I was so glad I went.
Friday was a baseball game for G, scrimmage for T and practice for Dub.
jump
Saturday was Opening day, team pictures for all. T had two games and Dub had one. Dub received his first injury but after a short break, lots of encouragement from his coach and teammates he stayed in the game and they went on to win. Thank you to the friends that came out to watch the boys play. I tried to get a good photo of the three of them together because this will be the only day they are all in a uniform at the same time. I had no luck, I got a lot of silly.
uni
It is what it is.
Saturday afternoon we went to a friend's house to color eggs. Thank you Pinterest for the idea of using koolaid, it worked like a charm and didn't stink, smelled delicious actually. The girl and T colored the eggs, Dub and G played catch and basketball. G and Dub had no interest in coloring eggs, it made me kind of sad that they are growing up and losing interest in some traditions. I know there is going to come a year that there will be no coloring eggs and so I really soaked this afternoon up. I didn't take many pictures, just listened and watched.It was so fun to watch my friend's little ones really enjoy the day.
eggs3

After clean up we sat out in the sun talking and sipping on some adult beverages. Soon it was time to say goodbye and head home to make a salad just to head back to have a bbq with the same friends.
Sunday Mr. Fun worked, he chose to let his employees have the day off and he worked the full day by himself. We decided we would hang out with him at work. The kids filled holes, they helped with carry outs and loading of the hay. We worked on training the dog, used buckets for stools and chairs, played games, there were cart races and tag in the warehouse. Mr. Fun smoked a brisket that turned out delicious. It was the first Easter we didn't go big(well, my big), there was no Easter baskets, just some candy and new water bottles. We didn't hunt for eggs, this kind of made me sad but the kids didn't seem to care. Well T was sad that he wouldn't be getting jelly beans, he's a candy freak.
This Easter I realized just how much my kids have grown. T is the only one that still believes in the bunny and I am anxious for him to realize he doesn't exist. It's bittersweet, I've been going back and forth on how I am over playing the role of these fictional characters and how it will be sad when none of the kids believe, yet I am tired of playing the part. I was hoping this Easter T would have caught on, I dropped hints here and there but he is so innocent that he didn't catch on. So onto another year of the big bunny and I cant complain.

Comments