Getting myself back.

I've never lived through a winter as an adult. I had no idea what to expect, what I didn't expect was the weight gain. Holy chub city! I've gained more weight since October then I did while pregnant with my 4th child. What the hell is that about? It's called comfort food and not being active.
That all changes today. I worked out, I'm eating right and I will be giving up alcohol....okay, I'll be cutting back on the alcohol. Baseball practices are in full swing, that's going to keep me busy and also give me more time to work out while they practice.  My schedule looks like this...
G practices on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Dub practices Monday and Friday.
T practices Tuesday and Fridays.
Once games start add spending all day at the field for 3 games. I'm excited to get back to being busy after a year of not really doing anything but gaining weight, obviously.
It's really a lifestyle and I let it slide due to many factors. I'm not making excuses but stress, loss of a job, living in someone else's house and feeling like you need to be something other yourself will do it.  I think I've finally moved on from the way I saw our life going and have come to terms with the way our life is going. So it's time I pull my exercise pants up, sweat a little more and leave the comfort food on the shelf. It's time to grill lean meats, eat more salads and roast more veggies.
salad


Happy Monday! Cheers to a fresh start!

Comments

Angela King said…
Been there, done that. Winter is time to pack on the pounds if only to stay warm! ;) Good luck in your healthy endeavors. I know you can do it. :)
jody said…
You go girl! I packed on a few pounds too...like a bear. I just have about 5 to trim off, but at my age it is a pain. Onward to an active spring!