Oh Amy Glass...Good for her...

If you don't know who she is by now, you must be actually living and not on social media. She's everywhere, and not many people like her. I can't lie, I think she wrote what she wrote to get attention. Especially the title of her post which is "I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands And Kids And I’m Not Sorry”. She was this unknown blogger and now she's all over the internet, I bet she's on the morning news shows before next month is over. Of course, I'm not helping by writing about her but I'm also an unknown blogger, so really, not.
At first I was what the hell and what a bitch. Now, I think "good for her", she doesn't want to marry young and have kids. Good for her, she knows herself and she is going for what she wants. If that's a career and never marrying, good for her. She's young, maybe when she's thirty seven she'll rethink and want children. Either way, good for her for knowing what she wants. I don't agree with how she put it out there. She doesn't have a husband and kids so she doesn't know the joy, the heartache and the bliss, the long nights. She doesn't understand how your heart explodes with happiness with each little milestone. She doesn't understand loving someone so much you'll do anything for them to ensure they are happy. She only has herself to worry about. If that is her happiness, good for her. She'll never have eskimo kisses, feel the tug on her pant leg from someone that has half of her DNA. She doesn't understand hearing "mama" for the first time. If she wants to experience any of that, that is her decision to make.
She didn't have to bash young married mothers, that just shows her character. She could have just said what she said by pointing out why she chooses career and her own future over marriage and kids.
This is the non political, non feminist point of view. If you want a career, have a career, if you want kids, have kids...if you want both, go for it. If you want to backpack through Asia, good luck. All the power to anyone out there that knows exactly what they want.
I wouldn't change a thing, my four kids and eighteen year marriage are a real accomplishment. Managing this house and making sure my kids and husband have what they need to have a great day and cooking dinner nightly so we can reconnect is what I wanted to do, it's who I wanted to be. How dare she judge me and any other women for knowing what we want when that is the marriage and the kids opposed to a career.
I wouldn't trade this
107-365
or this
first fall

For any other career.....When they are grown and gone I can focus more on me.

Comments

Jody said…
OMG, I had no idea about that post. I wanted to puke reading it. I love all the responses to her vitriol. She's a paid blogger and her shocking titles and posts are to bring readers to the blog which has worked. She's basically a spam artist.