Magic...

As I write this, it's negative nine degrees outside. That's not a windchill, it's actually negative nine out there. The high is going to be a whopping five degrees.

It's going to be a simple Christmas with little gifts and I am sure some new traditions. I'm not sure exactly what we'll be doing but I have few things in mind. We've already done our snowflakes and some are already hanging from the ceiling. The paper chains are made but not hung. I want to do the christmas trees out of cones and frosting. As far as new traditions, slippers on Christmas eve sounds like a good one.
me-2me-347-365

I am hoping it's a white christmas, I hope it dumps snow on us. If it's going to be this cold it might as well be snowing. Give me a winter wonderland.
We had the kids write what they wanted for Christmas. We asked them to list one thing they wanted, one thing needed, one thing to wear and then something to read. This is the first year we've done this, wished I'd thought of this years ago.
The girl listed canvas, planner, boots and HGTV magazine.
G's list was hard for him. He listed hockey gear and computer under want because he couldn't make up his mind. Gym shoes for need and Coyote sweatshirt for wear. His read space is blank. I think he ran out of books to read. I need suggestion for teen boys. He is a fan of the Alex Ryder series and Hunger Games.
Dub listed NHL 14, Pajamas, Firefighter shirt and Gary Paulson books...but he can't tell me which books he's already read.
T's list consist of Skylander Swapforce, monkey pajamas, Elf shirt and skylander books.
I have some things bought, some things in my cart and stocking stuffer ideas running through my head. Hoping to make this Christmas a magical one for the kids, they've been through a lot of changes this year with very little complaining. They deserve the magic.

Comments

Emily said…
I love that you want magic to be part of Christmas. Also love that santa hat, where'd you get it?
Marisa said…
Love all the pics, but the one on the right is gorgeous. Snow for Christmas sounds perfect, I hope you get lots.
Wishing you lots of old and new traditions!
Unknown said…
I did the same list with my kids- yes they are 23, 20 & almost 16 ! lol They loved it & I am done shopping !!! What about the Divergent series by Veronica Roth- my hunger games reader loved this series better than the hunger games. Happy Holidays ! STAY WARM !