A day at the river, winter edition.

Summer edition can be found here!
river1-14
I told myself that I wouldn't let these below zero temps keep me from living. Do I enjoy it? Nope, not really. I would much rather it be over a hundred degrees, where I was in a skirt, flip flops and my hair slightly sticking to my neck from the sweat dripping down my back.
The girl and I went to the store for a few things for dinner and the river was iced over. I wished I had my camera as we drove by but decided it'd be better to take all the kids down there. That is just what we did. They resisted as I came in the door carrying as many bags as I could, yelling for everyone to get dressed. Even Mr. Fun was all "even me?". "Yes, even you!" I snapped excitedly.
river1-6

Even the teen boy full of angst enjoyed himself...sliding on the ice.
river1-8
river1-7
The girl didn't last long before running back to the burb. The little boys didn't want to leave even though the rest of us were more than ready.
river1-9
And Marisa, that is what we call a beanie on T's head.
river1-3
I do think Mr. Fun had the most fun, breaking the ice, skipping rocks on the ice. He's just a big kid when it comes down to it.
river1-12
river1-5
river1-4


I am so glad that we are spontaneous and that my kids have never gotten thrown off by being such. It was super cold and now we are curled up, with full bellies, watching Elf.... only #4 of the season, we are behind. A record low, like the weather outside.

Comments

Emily said…
Goodness, I love these photos. It looks like a winter wonderland out there.
Marisa said…
Beautiful! Beanies sound like those hats with the propellers on top! We call them "tuques", in this part of Canada anyway. Am in awe that they are outside with sneakers on, no snowpants and no hats! No wonder y'all are cold. ;-)