Today....

Today...
Today I went back..in the past...I looked at old photos, read old blog posts... I went back for the first time in a long time.
This may not seem like anything to anyone...but for me...it's painful, very painful, lots of regret. Lots of what if and why. I can't lie, I still wonder, I have regrets. But today...I didn't have that pit in my stomach, I kind of smiled at the photos. I felt okay with it...This means I am getting somewhere, I'm healing. I'm moving forward, I'm realizing it will be okay, we'll be okay.
I am the first to admit that this isn't the path I thought we would be on. Mr. Fun's last job, I thought that was it. I had grand plans, they all included his employment with his last job. After a 360 and lots of worry, I may be turning a corner. I hope I am turning a corner. I hope that this cold, grey city can feel like home. This is coming from someone that prefers flip flops, shorts and the hot sun. I hate everything about being cold, EVERYTHING!! I hate long sleeves, I hate socks, I hate coats, I hate how my body tenses up while cold. Give me hot, where my body is relaxed, over cold and tense. I even sweat more when I'm cold. Give me tank tops pool side with an umbrella to shade me over 3 layers of warmth and waterproof boots any day.
I will admit that I don't want this to be my forever, now Phoenix, that would be my forever home. Even over a tropical island. I never felt more at peace and more at home than I did in Phoenix. Most likely it's because I was never cold, we rode the motorcycle year round. Can you say bike week, how I miss bike week. I can handle being cold a couple days at a time, this 6+ months of cold just seems like some sort of punishment. I miss the sun, I miss the warmth. These cold, grey days are depressing. Yes, I've stocked up on my vitamin D3 so I won't go crazy on y'all.
What all this rambling is about is that I have turned another corner....Then I saw this quote...
wow
If you read here often, you know I struggle with God...I have for many years. I believe in karma, the universe and things happen for a reason but God, not sure he has anything to do with everything. But when I read this quote, I thought about it for a long while. Maybe our situation isn't changing because my heart has to realize it's okay, we are going to be okay, no matter where we live. Mr Fun's love for this part of country, T having friends on our street, The Girl being involved in dance, yearbook and now cheer, G going on daily bike rides and hanging with friends, and Dub loving his teacher and school should be enough to change my heart.
It was 12 freaking stupid degrees this morning.....my heart needs some more time, slow and steady.

Comments

Unknown said…
I was drug to cold ass Nebraska almost 14 years ago...I hated it then & still hate the cold...my heart is in Texas....but our lives are here...I struggle with it every day esp now that it is winter. It was 7 here this morning...lol Hugs
Mary said…
It's sad that you don't believe in God, for you and your children. You should, for your children.