Thanksgiving 2013

It came and went. This year was different, well, duh? Right? By different I mean, we celebrated it with friends we only met in October of 2012. Really didn't start to get to know them until summer of this year. Yet, they welcomed us into their home as if we'd known them for years. I also didn't take many photos. Just one of the turkeys in our backyard and some of Mr. Fun, the girl and the dog. Now that's different.
Thanksgiving 2
I never felt stressed or worried. I didn't get the feeling that this isn't where we should be. I felt happy and blessed. It was weird not being outside with the kids. It was different not having family around but it was still perfect. It was perfect because we were together, we are all healthy, we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. That is what I call a perfect Thanksgiving. Simple, no stress, good food, laughter, stories of the past, wine and dessert.
Thanksgiving_
Even McCready had his own little feast.
Something new happened, Mr. Fun made his own gravy from neck and other yucky parts of the turkey. The boys ate the heart of the turkey and loved it. They are their father's sons, no doubt about that. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with friend and/or family.
39-365
Now onto Christmas in the Fun House.

Comments