Making the best of it...

Today I woke to grey and foggy skies. At 10 am it was still grey and foggy and cold. I decided that I should go for a drive and take some photos. Never taken photos in the fog before. Marine layer, yes, but never this dense of fog.
24-365


fog 3


fog 2


fog_
And I survived!!! I drank more coffee than I should have to warm up but I survived. This is me accepting where we live, accepting my husband's happiness as a sign. He's hunting and last night we ate his kill for dinner. It was a Grouse, it tasted like steak, not chicken. The boys loved it so much they asked him to kill some more. They seem happy here, T is outside every afternoon with friends. G and Dub get out in the field and have nerf gun fights. Mr. Fun is spending more time with the boys, JJ is dancing and very much into yearbook. So that leaves me... I keep saying I am not going to survive this winter, we all know that's not true. I'll become a hermit, for sure. I'll drink lots of coffee and watch more reality TV then one should but I'll survive. I'll survive because I am going to force myself to grow as a photographer and push my limits. I have to. Even if everything around me is depressed and covered in snow...
fog 4

Comments

kate94651 said…
These are beautiful...peaceful. I can't wait to see what a real winter brings out of you.
Steph Allen said…
These are so beautiful & peaceful....looks like a calming place to be.
{LyndsD} said…
Absolutely stunning!! Peaceful and breathtaking. Your stepping into this new surrounding and pushing yourself is inspiring! I can't wait to see how you bloom even more.