Opening a door...

As I sit here, coffee is brewing, boys are happily playing video games, the girl is sleeping, the dog is snuggled up with Mr. Fun watching TV. I look out my window and I see the sun glistening on the frosty grass and a white picket fence, my white picket fence. There are moments of how the hell did we get here? Small town, USA! Then there are more moments of, yes, this is where we should be. Walk to school, walk to town, no traffic, white picket fences, wide open space.
The kids are loving their new space and I am loving that they aren't tracking dirt in as much. Our yard is grass, all grass, so not a lot of dirt to be tracked in. When it rains my drive way is concrete not dirt so no more mud. So what I am saying is I may survive my first cold, snowy winter since I was 19 after all. Who knows, I may even enjoy it. I won't have this view every morning but I am totally okay with that.
veiw

See I have my own space. Our own house again...something you should never take for granted, something I may have taken for granted in the past. No more, that is for sure.
house

We have been here almost a week and are still unpacking. However, we have fallen into a routine. Waking a little later, lunch at home for the girl. Walking to school but not always together, G and the girl walk by themselves and the little boys walk together a little later. I walk to get the little boys but the older kids just walk home by themselves. It is so nice not having to drive them. We are literally a block from the schools, I'm going to love it come winter. Just wave through the window as I stay in my warm pajamas.
This is me letting a door open I thought would never open, open.

Comments

LOVE.....So happy for you!!
benbidder said…
That house is awesome! :) Look, no stucco!! hehehe. So glad you got a house of your own!
Jen said…
Charming! Happy for you :)
Marisa said…
I laughed at the "look, no stucco!" comment. ;)
I love that you have a simple life now. So happy for you. I hope you the "white crap" that is sure to start any time now will not dampen your mood.