Mondays....

Not my favorite day of the week, is it really anyone's favorite? I'm guessing not.
We usually don't have bad mornings, we pretty much have a routine down to a science. So when we do have a morning like we did this Monday I was caught off guard.
My alarm buzzes at 7:15AM and I usually hit snooze once, it's a glorious 5 minutes. This morning I hit it twice, big mistake. I throw the covers off, find my clothes in the dark, to not wake Mr. Fun that has 15 more minutes of glorious sleep. I walk from bedroom to bedroom switching on light after light. It's almost robotic at this point. As the kids are waking and getting dressed, finding socks....I hate socks, I start making lunches. They wander to the living room, turn on the TV and usually I don't hear a peep out of them. This morning was different. This morning was full of whining from T, Dub wasn't dressed, G wanted the whole couch to himself AND NOBODY HAD SOCKS ON....I hate socks. I then realized we were out of cereal......
Not having cereal to serve for breakfast on a Monday morning is like not having any creamer for coffee any day of the week. After refereeing and getting everyone back on track I took breakfast orders. Luckily, like a miracle, they all agreed on the same thing. That usually doesn't happen, unless it's cereal. After breakfast, the whining continued, I had sockless kids, bedhead was out of control and everything but the clock was moving in slow motion. I wanted a remote to hit fast forward, get them moving a little faster without the constant nagging. Oh and not to mention in fast forward you can't hear the whining. Luckily, everyone ate, took their vitamins, brushed their teeth and were out the door on time.

So now it's Tuesday morning and I roll over and there is a glimmer of light through the blinds. I knew it was passed 7:30 but couldn't find my phone, Mr. Fun tells me it's 7:45, well crap, I jump up, we're going to be late. So I lay back down for a minute, heck we are already late. I figure I'll concentrate on getting them ready and fed. Little did I know I am apparently a super lunch maker. As they ate, dripping syrup on their clean clothes, I got all lunches made and packed. We did have a minor set back because of the syrup dripping. It involved a wet washcloth, blow dryer and a giggling eight year old. With two minutes left I was brushing down bed head! Seconds to spare they were out the door, on time, with lunches in hand. Thank goodness this week is a short one, I think we all need a long weekend to recharge.
fun night -1
Even the dog...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Someone is limber!