What this year has taught me...

I am strong, my husband is stronger. My kids adjust well to any situation thrown their way and can get through it with their heads held high. I am so proud of my little family. We took a horrible situation and we are turning it around. It hasn't been easy and I still have my moments of WHY? The moments are farther and further between but they are still there.
I also learned that I am who I am and I'm not willing to change that to please others. I am a respectful person but can only be pushed so far before I snap. I've learned when I am angry I cry. This is something I didn't know, I guess I've never been very angry before.
I have also learned that my kids come first, they are for sure the reason I am able to keep my head above water. They need me to be strong so they can be kids.
parade t2-1

Learning to love a small town is coming easy. Luckily we already had friends here so adjusting is coming along. Now adjusting to the cold may not come so easily for some us Funs....I think the boys are going to handle it fine. The girl and I may just watch a lot of movies with hot cocoa.
learned2-1learned3-1

We will be moving into our own house next month, fingers crossed it all goes well. I believe this to be the turning point, the point where I really start to love it here. The point where this small town starts to feel like home.
The girl and her cows.

Being that Mr. Fun is on the fire department I feel we have built in family. The fire fighter community told Mr. Fun about the job he currently has and they also told me about this house we are hoping to move into that wasn't listed anywhere. So these aspects make me feel at home, I just need that settled feeling...
learned-1

Comments

Julann said…
So happy for you! What a great life you are recreating!