What makes a photo perfect ?

44-365
Well, that depends on you and you alone. Photography is an art form. If you look at all other art forms, they are creative, original and break the rules but in photography I was discouraged from that. My question has always been WHY? So one day I got brave and started sharing photos that weren't technically correct. They may have been grainy, a little out of focus, over exposed, blown backgrounds, cut off heads.....and people started responding. They were actually liking my photos,they would see what I saw. The saw the emotion, the use of abused light, the deep shadows and the list goes on. So I threw technical out the window, until I started teaching workshops. This is what I regret, I started shooting for my students and not myself. I should have been doing both.
I always say that you must know how to use your camera in and out and be able to take that technically perfect photo before you can break the rules. You have to know the rules before you can break them. So when you do break the rules, you know it. You can be proud to have broken the rules because you created art.
39-365
So if you are in rut with photography, as I was after this move, get out there and shoot for you. Shoot what you love, create art, blow the background, capture some lens flare if that inspires you. Find light that creates deep shadows or light that smacks you in the face. If it makes you happy, it's worth shooting.
He's Golden...
Sunshine!!!!
My Wy showing his true colors.
If the light is too low and the photo is going to be grainy, go with it. Use the grain to your advantage.
The roar of the lion
Shoot from above
My Mermaid....
88-365
..
Don't rely on others to let you love a photo...if you love it, love it. If you want others to love it, share it. It doesn't have to be perfect to love it....
49-365
So go shoot your perfect...
And then share it with me.

Comments