Manners...

I have a pet peeve, and that is when my kids forget their manners.
I like them to have fun but as long as they are polite and respective.
I want them to enjoy their food but with their mouth closed and one bite at a time. And they invented napkins for a reason.
I don't mind all can we and will you but as long as there comes a please before and a thank you after
I understand my kids don't like everything but as long as they say no thank you instead of whining about it.
I like my kids to get kind of rowdy from time to time but if they start to annoy those around them, I want them to be aware and tone it down a bit.
Oh and another pet peeve is when my kids feel entitled.....
Just because one of their friends gets something or goes somewhere doesn't mean they can. This one is hardest because I want them to have things and go places. I don't want them to think they can do everything and have everything.
This parenting gig is a lot harder as they get older. Give me sleepless nights, tantrums and potty training any day. I'd rather deal with that than fighting with friends, break ups, talking back and wanting to do everything.
kids camping_
I want the simple things to be enough for them. I want them to appreciate the bigger things in life not expect them. Now if only I can execute this plan of my for the next ten years.

Comments

benbidder said…
Let me know when you get that all figured out...I am right there behind ya...lol.