Camping...

camping5
I have never been a camper. I never liked it as a kid and would often choose to stay home. My daughter is the exact same way and I don't blame her. This weekend was Mr. Fun's birthday and he wanted to go camping. So she sucked it up and peed in the woods for two days. It wasn't all bad, the lake and the bonfire were the highlights of this trip. I didn't care for the lake but I did enjoy laying on the raft looking for lake life.
camping10
camping3
Everyone here was raised camping, it's what you do. They all love it and I am happy for them but leave me alone. I don't care for camping, there are things about it I like. I like the quiet, being unplugged and hanging with friends. I also like the fire and adult beverages. Everything else I could do without. Cooking sucks, cleaning up sucks, sleeping sucks, the amount of dirt that gets all over everything sucks. The unpacking and amount of laundry when you get back sucks. The bugs that bite me, even with spray on, sucks.
So I wish everyone would respect how I feel and stop arguing with me, insisting I love it and that my daughter loves it. We don't love it. We do it because the other four family members really enjoy it. The girl and I are city girls, end of story. Now I'm not saying we don't like it here, we do. There is so much to love about living here. The friends we have here are the best. Some of the best people you'll ever meet. We just miss the city and would rather do anything else then camp.
camping8camping6
camping4

Not saying we won't do it again, because we live in Montana now. However I am going to have to find a way to invest in a camper so I can enjoy it a little more.
camping7camping9

Comments

Coffee Lady said…
I'm with you. I used to like it but I'm getting older and its not fun anymore and its not relaxing for me, who has to do everything.

We have a 34 foot motor-home - that is not running good plus it takes a arm and a leg to put gas in it. But its worth it. We don't have to go far to get away in the RV. I love camping in the RV - its clean and I can get away.
Julann said…
I love to camp, but completely agree with why you don't. I hate the getting there and coming back. All dirty, smelly and such. Motor home, get a motorhome, you will love it!