Camping...Say what?

I don't camp, I just don't do it. I also have only done it a handful of times, to be fair. The boys had never been camping before this trip. Hey, I never claimed to be mom of the year. Camping just wasn't something we did. How that has changed. Though I'd rather camp with an RV (hint hint to the inlaws that are visiting this summer who also have an RV they never use). The thought of RV camping excites not only me but the girl..
camping-8
I will admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I could see us camping often this summer. There were no fights or whining. Even these two got along...Now that in itself made it all worth it.
camping-9
The kids had so much fun, well, the boys did. The girl didn't complain but she's not sold on it yet. If her boy was with us, I am certain she would love camping. She didn't like not having service to text and talk, which I understand. Mr. Fun had the most fun, sure of it. He and G took a hike, shot their guns, he carved a stick for Dub and taught T to use a sling shot. The next morning, I woke and he had taken the boys fishing. They didn't catch anything but they fished.
camping-11
camping-12
camping-10
camping-6
The water was cold the first day so there wasn't much swimming but the sun warmed the water for lots of swimming on Sunday. T said that there were warm spots and colder spots, when I told him the warm spots were pee I regretted it immediately. He may never go back into the warm spots.....
camping-18
camping2

The biggest challenge for me was relaxing and letting the kids get wet, dirty, eat junk, stay up too late and wander off on their own. An hour in T had lost a shoe in the river, it was rescued but wet. Hence the flip flops with socks (my biggest pet peeve)
camping-3
Two hours in Dub cut his toe, that seemed to bleed forever, even elevated. We went through about nine band-aids. At this point I was regretting agreeing to try this camping thing.
camping-1
camping-2
This is when I decided to start drinking, not the light stuff either. Whiskey....I needed lots of whiskey.....I started relax after that and seemed to stay relaxed the rest of the trip. If you know what I mean *wink wink*
camping5
And since there are no drinking while camping we needed to make sure there was enough light stuff too.
camping4
Of course there was s'more eating...the adults made theirs with peanut butter cups, delicious!!
camping3
camping-16
camping-15
camping-17
T was afraid of the toilets at first. I told him it's just a port a potty, and nothing to be afraid of. Shortly after our conversation and me telling him to get over it, I had to go pee. Holy Crow Batman.....they were scary and if you have a little butt, I understand the fear of falling in. And no, I didn't take a picture of them....what if I dropped my camera? I'd never see it again. And there were no lights in the bathrooms so I am now a professional outdoor squatter. In the dark, drunk, even. So I guess you could call me a camper, weird. Even the creepy crawlers didn't freak me out as much as I thought they might.
camping-19
Oh and G didn't mind me taking his photo like usual...say what?
camping-20
camping6

Comments

Marisa said…
We just got back from camping. I hate the bugs, and the rain, and everything getting damp and humid, but...I do it every year for my hubby and kids. And I get to drink lots! LOL
Glad you had fun!
i am mama lola said…
i love your pictures. always so great!
zionriverresort said…
Great Place! and great Picture!!
I loved it!


Zion RV Park