Shoe Shopping....

I have never had such a frustrating experience. It took three different shopping trips to multiple stores and a bust order from zappos before finding shoes. Yes, three different afternoons shopping for shoes for Dub and T before finding one pair of shoes that they liked, that fit.
I knew moving to a smaller city would be challenging for me, I am a big city girl, through and through. I never thought finding shoes for my kids would be one of those challenges. Let's start with Famous Footwear, there's ONE in this town and they are always out of the sizes we need. I know they can order them but my kids have wide feet and MUST try them on before I can buy them. See, we tried that with zappos and T's shoes were too big and Dub's shoes were too tight. So back they went and after two frustrating shoe shopping trips we headed back out. This time we hit the mall, Macy's doesn't sell shoes for kids, WHAT? why not? We got lucky at JCPenney's and Dub found a pair of Nikes on clearance that fit perfectly, it only took trying on 10 pairs. He wore them out of the store.
We left the mall and headed to another Kohl's we hadn't been to, there are only two Kohl's in this town, I'm used having 5 within 30 minutes from us. See this big city girl's frustration? Here we did find a pair that T liked and in his size but they weren't on sale and I am NOT paying $70 for a seven year old. I'm just not that stupid. To break things up we hit Chili's for lunch and wanted to get the boys' haircuts. We searched for a barber shop, it was Saturday afternoon at 2 pm, all of them were closed. Really? Big city girl frustration was at a high. We ended up at Great Clips, over priced for a boy cut, in my opinion.
We decided to look at the one and only Famous Footwear one more time. I was thinking it's been a week since our last visit and they had to of restocked, right? WRONG! We couldn't find one acceptable pair in T's size. I was starting to panic, He was heading back to school on Monday and his current shoes are trashed. Just as I was ready to give up, I saw it, a size 2.5, insert singing angels, grey Vans....a shoe brand I said I would never buy him again because he wears them out quickly.... I had him try them on as I held my breath, they fit, he wore them out of the store with a skip in his step and I was thanking the shoe gods.
Shoes

Comments