Love and Empower...


encourage_

It started with a phone call, I never talk on the phone so when I called my friend in Wisconsin she couldn't believe it. I had never heard her voice before but I could hear the kindness in it. Our conversation just flowed, it wasn't forced or awkward.What we talked about really inspired me and motivated me. Later I  received the below comment on  this post and I sobbed...

It’s ironic that I should run into this post today because I am having “one of those days”. I lost my father to cancer 10 months ago and my mother to a routine procedure gone bad 11 months ago, and today was grandparents day at school. I’ve been better lately; I haven’t really cried in a few weeks, but I’ve been weepy all morning…just when I thought it was going away, the pain is overwhelming today. I got a note from a friend, I visited her blog, she’s linked up to you for your challenge, I hadn’t visited you in a while, I wanted to see what you were up to, something made me click on the “Mrs. Fun” tab and I land on this post….I feel like God took my hand and led me right to your words because they have given me some comfort today knowing that I am not alone in my grief and that there are kind people like you out there that understand the pain…the unbearable, overwhelming, sad pain that goes with losing someone you love. ((Hugs)) to you for sharing and bless you for being there for your friend who needs you so much right now.


I then started thinking....
We need to love more. We need to share more. We need to listen before we speak. We need to forgive and be forgiven. We need to inspire others with our words, our art, our passion. We need to encourage. If we all opened our hearts and loved for no other reason than to love think of the possibilities. If we never thought "what's in it for me?" and just did it because it was helping someone, what then?
We need to share our feelings, our hurt, our frustrations and our stories. Chances are there is somebody out there that is going to stumble across your words and feel as if they aren't alone.
I hope for everyone to have someone in their life that encourages them, empowers them, listens to them. I hope that if you need someone you have the strength to admit it. It's okay to feel hurt, it's okay to feel anger. It's okay to cry, from tears comes strength.....

encourage 2

With strength we have the power to help, encourage, empower and love others.

Comments