Listening to the rain...

One thing I didn't know about this city before moving here was just how much it rains! It rains every week, sometimes lasting all week. It's not the rain I'm used to that pours for twenty minutes and moves on. It lingers, it drizzles all day. It's not warm rain, it's cold rain, if the temperature was to drop five degrees it would snow. I didn't know about this before moving here. It's depressing. It makes me cranky, I don't want to run errands or do anything but curl up under a blanket in front of the fire. I am longing for warmer, longer days. I want to feel sunshine on my skin, the kind that stings a little and makes sweat roll down your back.
I would love to wake up, put shorts on with a tank and flip flops and not have to worry about being cold. Being cold is the worst feeling, I hate everything about it.
I would love to spend every day somewhere where it's always warm and sunny.....
coco cay
I think I'll start playing the lottery because you can't win if you don't play....then I can spend the winter months here...
key west
Who wants to join me?

Comments

Angela King said…
i'm there. the cold is gross. so is the really hot though. i guess i'm hard to please. lol.
benbidder said…
I am so upset that we didn't make a trip to the beach here yet. Pft, what is my problem?? lol. But yeah, it is SO cold here, wasn't expecting it. Snow tomorrow....
Unknown said…
I could use warmth right now. Its snowing like a mutha out there. well out here. I hate snow I hate winter.