Is it the 7th yet?

I am so happy so many of you feel so strongly about voting, I am. It's awesome so many realize how important it is to vote. I am glad you spam Facebook and Twitter that you voted and sometimes who you voted for, oh maybe you should log into MySpace and post there too.Really I am so happy to see all the I voted, did you vote? get out there and vote post.
Oh WAIT!!! I'm not, I forgot. I don't give a flying pig if you voted or who you voted for. I also could care less if you didn't vote. Just don't complain about the winner.
I am not a political person. I read, I listen, I watch the debates. I also think it's all a bunch of hogwash and the government is corrupt and no matter which way the vote goes this country is screwed in some way. We've lost the focus of what's really important, imo.
The hatred that comes out of some people's mouths astonishes me. How can you have so much hatred over politics? I don't get it. I can't imagine having that much hatred towards a man I've never had a conversation with. I understand disagreeing with someone you've never met but hating them, don't get it. You can't hate someone because their opinion differs from your own. If you do then I am sorry, you have deeper issues.
Mr. Fun and I disagree when it comes to some politics. I am pretty sure he knows more of the details and has a better grasp on politics than I do. Even so my opinion is mine and I'm not going to hate him because we disagree. I wonder if the election has caused any divorces, I wonder if it was the last straw for some couples. I can see it, can't you?
I can't wait for tomorrow morning when we can move onto some voting scandal. You know it's going to happen. Whoever is in office come January shouldn't be there because something went wrong at the voting polls or votes got lost. It happens every election.
323/365 Go VOTE! You get a sticker and a balloon, if you're cute ;-)

So the real question is, is it Thanksgiving yet? Can we talk about black Friday sales and whether or not to stuff the turkey?

Comments

Allison Waken said…
I have pretty much the same exact feelings. I watch, I learn, I cast my vote for someone I really know nothing about no matter how much I study their policies and I know that either way I'll still be annoyed at how the "system" works. I actually get really pissed at all the hate that's spewed about. It doesn't in this house but it's so bad outside that my kids pick up on it and we have to remind them almost daily right now that we don't HATE anyone we may not like what they said or did but we don't know them at all. Makes me sad. I'm also sitting here yearning for talk to turn to black friday sales lol!