Truth

I've talked about this child before... you can meet him HERE and HERE oh and HERE, this one still brings tears to my eyes OH and there is this video , SUMS him up!! If you only click on one link, make it the video.
intense
He did get easier to parent for awhile.... I call that summer. Now, I am struggling again. He is lazy...He is super smart. If he's not in the mood, it won't happen. He'll sit and stare and think of any reason to not do his homework. Sometimes he gets stuck, but don't try to help him. If you try to help all you hear is I KNOW!! It is so frustrating. He obviously doesn't know.....It really gets under my skin. Not only does he know, he's disrespectful about it.
intense2
This is where I am not the proudest parent. This is where I should probably take some parenting classes. This is when I lose my cool and wish I was already slightly buzzed. One day, no lie, I called him a "know it all". I forget not only is he difficult but he's super sensitive. He's an old soul with a sensitive heart. We are a family that jokes a lot....but Wy doesn't like it when we call him anything but his given name. He gets his feelings hurt easily where as my other kids don't. I try to remember but with three other kids that laugh, my inappropriate parenting just rears it's ugly head without me thinking too much about it.
intense3
I could go on and on about this child. He is my biggest challenge in life. He makes me stop and think twice. He is the one I worry about most. I am convinced he is either going to be a hobo or living at home until he's forty. He is the one that my sixteen year old daughter says (under her breath)"you're gonna have your hands full when he's sixteen, glad I won't be around for that". And I can't disagree with her. He is that intense.
The other day he was acting just like my older brother, DJ. I said " i swear he's DJ reincarnated." This brought on a whole conversation about death, days later. I struggle with talking about this with my kids. Especially him, Wy. I did have to explain reincarnation to him. I think he thinks about it a lot now. He says almost daily "what if I am your brother reincarnated?". I am not sure how to answer this but with a "don't worry, you're not". When in fact, I think he could be. I thought parenting was easy until he turned three. Now I understand when people say parenting is hard and challenging. I get it now, so I drink way more than I used to and he'll need therapy. Forget a college fund, he needs a therapy fund.

Comments

Angela King said…
i have one of these. for sure. i hold my breath until school is out just waiting for the phone to ring saying he's gotten in trouble again. he'll grow up to be your easiest. bet ya. :)