The suburban is not in the garage....

Those words woke me up at 4am as Mr. Fun grabbed my phone off the night stand. He woke up and couldn't find his phone. He thought maybe he left it in suburban.Thank goodness he didn't, that would be gone too. I was thinking we backed it out and he forgot. NOPE! Our suburban was stolen out of our garage. Mr. Fun and T were decorating the house for Halloween last night and we forgot to close the door. Since parking my vehicles in a garage I have always left the keys in them. With 4 children, it's just easier and I never misplace my keys. 10 years later, it bites me in the ass. Yes, I left the keys in the burb BUT that still doesn't make what happened my fault. Nobody has the right to come onto my property, into my garage and steal my vehicle! I am so pissed off right now. I feel violated.
At first I think I was in shock, now I am just sad, angry and wish I would have checked the garage door before bed like I usually do. I walked over and made sure the front door was locked but didn't open the door to peek in the garage LIKE I ALWAYS DO! I am thankful I brought my purse in, which I NEVER DO! I don't remember the last time I brought my purse in from the car. I have no idea why I grabbed it yesterday after a long day of shopping. Another thing I am grateful for is they didn't come in the unlocked garage door to the house. Mr. Fun also brought his keys in last night and that is rare. He does it now and again but not every night, thankful he did or we might have two stolen cars.
What sucks the most is the burb is worth so much more to us than the cash value. It is a dependable vehicle that fit all 6 of us and it was paid off. We don't want a car payment. There is no way we could get another vehicle that fits us all without having to shell out more money than what insurance will give us.
I feel violated, sad, angry and disappointed. There were personal items in the burb as well. One being my Erin Condren planner that I just received a couple weeks ago, personalized with photos and names. JJ had two favorite jackets in there, T had a hat and he's super sad about his booster seat. G lost a hat and luckily Wy can't think of anything he had left in there. Mr. Fun lost 2 pairs of Oakleys.
The longer I sit and think the madder I get. Who steals a family car out of their garage? Who does that?
All he wanted was a yogurt

Comments

snaphappy6 said…
oh Misti, that's awful....I am so sorry. :(
Brandi Tolliver said…
This photo makes my heart ache :( I am so sorry this has happened to you.
Aline said…
What rotten news! I'm so sorry -- especially since your new planner was taken, too.
Unknown said…
so so sorry for this horrible violation.... you are our random act of kindness today.... email Sam at media@erincondren.com and she'll arrange for you to get a replacement planner! enjoy!
Crap, I do the same thing. I need to remember to stop...I hope it turns out ok, and looking at your car that is totally yours is the best feeling in the world, and some creep took it away, Karma will give him a swift kick in the....