Reunited and it feels so good. Part 1...

Some people might be excited that their 2005, almost 100,000 mile vehicle got stolen so they could get a new one. Not this girl. I love my suburban. It's treated us well for 7 years, it's paid off, it fits us and all our crap with ease and it's so fun to drive.
Saturday Fungettin' the bird
We were standing around watching the locksmith try to rekey our locks when Mr. Fun got the call. The police were in pursuit of our burb. I was thinking No *insert bad word* way. We called a guy that works with Mr. Fun to see if he could come sit with the kids, no answer. So I called his wife and she was here in a flash. We headed out with Siri directing us to where they had stopped the crooks and our burb. It was a surreal feeling pulling up to the scene. 5 police cars had the burb surrounded, back open and two females in custody. A witness pulled me aside when she found out it was my vehicle, she watched the whole thing from her living room. The driver was taken by gunpoint as she was screaming I didn't know, it's a friends car. One male and one female fled, they caught the other female. The male which I am pretty sure is the one that stole it got away.
burb
After signing the report one officer was getting everything out and asking if any of it was ours, nothing was. Other than the bag to the jumper cables. No cables, it was filled with tools, stollen tools I am assuming.They had everything from jackets to tools to childrens books to a dolly. Everything we had in glove box and middle console...GONE! They were both empty. It's a feeling I've never felt before and hope to never feel it again. Then Mr. Fun asked if he could pull the back down to see if they removed the PJ, STP and Araquin Designs stickers off the back window, they did...asshats. They also removed my tags that I put on at an angle, never straight, and straightened them. You can see where they tore the stickers a little.
The one thing, the item that left me in tears was still on my keychain.
151/365 He's never far away....151keys copy
I refrained from crying at the scene, it wasn't easy but I didn't want to look even more like a freak after I freaked out about my tags being straightened. That really bothers me. I am thankful that my brother's charm was still on there and in some ways I think he may have had a part in getting the burb back to us, in such good condition, considering. This situation could have been so much worse. I am thankful. Thankful for my insurance agent, State Farm, for taking such good care of us and walking us through this, for their compassion. I am thankful for the officer that has a high tech car that automatically scans license plates and when the red flag came up of a stolen vehicle he looked over and he was right next to it. Thankful the chase didn't leave anyone hurt and that the officer did back off after they ran a red light.Thankful other responding officers were able to locate them and finally pull them over. It's almost like it was a dream.

Comments

Ginette said…
WOOOOOOOWWWW!!!! :'D hooray for our police officers! I'm so happy for you guys! omgomgomgomg
Aline said…
Wow, so glad you got your car back, but too bad they took everything inside. What an ordeal you've been through!
Mel said…
omgosh.. seriously.. I don't know how you refrained from crying because as soon as you said the charm was still there I started crying..I am so so so happy you got your burb back.. and that for some unknown reason the guy didn't take the charm off the keychain.
Anonymous said…
Your post gave me the longest chills. Just so happens I am wearing that same charm with his school ring around my neck today. Not only are Angels are among us but your brother is with us every single day. ***HUGS***
Angela King said…
i'm so happy for you guys! some people are such jerks but i'm glad everything turned out ok. i know you lost some stuff but at least you got it back. :)
What a crazy story!!!!!!!!!! So so so glad you got it back Misti! If only it had been back earlier for you to come see me. :(
Pat Schwalbe said…
Wow Misti I agree as I feel that DJ had something to do with you getting your car back as well. I am very grateful and very happy for you. Love you guys Pat
Joy Leighanne said…
So happy for you guys. I'm sorry it happened, wish everything was the way it was, but still so thrilled that you got it back in decent condition and you got back the one thing that was irreplaceable. <3
Kendra said…
I can't beleive it!! I'm so glad your brother's charm was still there and that you will get to have your burb back! What an ordeal for your family!
kahlanne said…
I just found your blog after joining thebloomforum and love not only your photos but also your posts. The way you write makes me feel like a friend even though we are not. Sometimes it is difficult to create in online posts.

As for your suburban, I am so thrilled that you got it back and the keychain. I cannot imagine how it felt to be violated in that way. As a paid off suburban owner, I understand your love of your baby too. Glad you can put it behind you now and get on with great blog posts and photos.