It's a boobie, it's an eyeball! No it's an animal cell....

School projects always stress me out. It's my time and money spent out gathering supplies for them. My twelve year old can't drive himself to the store, can he? So it's on me. Then we have to find the time to sit down and help him focus on it long enough to get it done. We don't do it for him, we supervise and help when needed. If you do do your child's projects, I hate you....I really do. It's such a disservice to all children.
With this project G helped JJ bake the cake and then Mr. Fun helped him with a couple little things.
cell project-1
Like mixing color into the frosting and making a circle. G did the rest on his own. I am so proud of him.
cell project-3
I was impressed with his first time ever frosting skills. They weren't professional but he's twelve and never frosted a cake before. Gotta give the boy some credit.
cell project-4
cell project-5
I was hoping to remember what these parts of an animal cell were but I don't. The important thing is G does, he only looked at his book a few times to verify what he already knew. He also mentioned more than once that he didn't like this part of science but that the project was fun.
cell project-6
I have to admit that I had fun. I am not one that usually enjoys these types of school projects, or any school projects, but this one I did. I think it was the one on one with him. I don't get a lot of that with G. He'd rather be with dad.
Untitled

Comments

Marisa said…
It does look a little like a boobie. LOL
And it's funny, been having this conversation a lot lately with some of my school mom-friends. It's amazing how many moms are doing their kids projects. I am like you in a lot of ways, including this. Alex had a French oral presentation to do, and proud to say that he did 95% of his Power Point presentation himself. :)
Aline said…
Great school project! I also hate the parents who do the projects for the kids. The parents' role to to assist when needed.
Unknown said…
I remember seeing your post on instagram yesterday and the first thing I thought was "his science project is a boob?" --- I wish I were kidding.

yay for smart kids!